Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Pie
One unbaked 9″ deep dish pie crust
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (about 2 medium) 0 pts
- 1 Tbl. butter or margarine 4 pts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 0 pts
- 1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend 26 pts
- 1/2 cup Regular Splenda 0 pts
- 1/2 cup whole milk 3pts
- 2 large eggs 0 pts
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour 2 pts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- optional for serving: Cool whip 2 Tbl. 1 pt.
- Microwave sweet potato until tender, depending on their size, will depend on how long. I used two large sweet potatoes and ended up microwaving for about 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the meat out with a spoon. If you haven’t waited for them to cool (like I did), and you plan on holding the potatoes in your hand (like I did), use a pot holder to protect your hand (which I didn’t at first.)
- Using a handheld or stand mixer or a blender, beat/blend the potatoes on medium-high speed until smooth. Add the remaining filling ingredients and beat/blend on high speed until smooth and combined. Spread filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife blade inserted into the center of the pie comes come out mostly clean. During bake time, if you find the edges of the pie crust are browning too quickly, apply a ring of aluminum foil to protect it. Remove the finished pie from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely or for at least 2 hours. The pie filling will sink and set as it cools. Decorate with whipped cream if desired.
- Cover leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
According to my calculations, a 1/8 slice of pie with 2 Tablespoons of Cool whip is 8 pts on Blue. I don’t have any way to calculate the points on other WW plans.