LaLoosh has great Light recipes, including this one for Light Chicken Pot Pie. Check out their site for this and a lot more recipes.
Light Chicken Pot Pie
Low calorie comfort food at its finest, this reduced fat Chicken Pot Pie is hearty, creamy, and ever so satisfying. Perfect for a cold winter’s day!
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 8oz mushrooms, chopped
• 2 small stalks celery, chopped
• 2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen is fine)
• 8oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
• 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
• 1 tbsp light butter
• 1 cup fat free chicken broth
• 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 4 slices reduced fat crescent roll dough
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 10” pie plate with cooking spray (butter flavored is best).
2. In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in onions and celery and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes. Stir in broth, chicken, vegetables, paprika, thyme and salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on medium for about 12-15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and flour. Pour into chicken and vegetable mixture and continue to cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate, and arrange crescent roll slices around the outside edge, leaving the pie open in the center.
5. Place into oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, and the center of the pot pie is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
6. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)