What could possibly be easier than this Peach Dump Cake? Four ingredients.
- One large can of peaches (can be in light or heavy syrup)
- One Box white cake mix
- One stick of butter or margarine (your choice), cut into pats
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (your favorite–or omit entirely)
- Pour peaches into a 9×13 oven safe pan
- Pour cake mix on top of peaches and spread to cover
- Pour chopped nuts over cake mix
- Distribute pats of butter (or margarine) on top of nuts and cake mix
- Bake at 350° oven for 25-30 minutes until top is browned
- Cool, or not. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (or not).
I saw a similar recipe to this made in a slow cooker. The recipe called for cooking this dessert for 2 hours in the slow cooker. I didn’t find this to be any time savings unless you need to run to the store to get something you had forgotten (which I find I often do–I write a list for the store, then either forget to bring it, forget to look at it, or forget to mark off what I’ve bought!)
And just think, if I hadn’t totally messed up at least half the peaches I picked earlier in the year and had been able to can some as I intended, I could have saved a couple dollars and used my canned peaches.