Mondays–V3E47–Happy New Year!

It doesn’t seem possible that we will be entering 2023 in just a few hours. I can’t believe I’ve kept this little blog going for three years. I write it basically just as a photographic record of what the Great Hunter’s and I are up to.  Thank you to everyone who “likes” and comments, especially to Beth. Happy New Year!

In January, my pesky friend, Atrial Flutter came back and stayed with me until February 10 went I had my second Radio Frequency Ablation and later January my daughter and I flew to South Carolina

to see my granddaughter graduate from Boot Camp

The beginning of March brought a wonderful surprise. My son surprised me by he and his wife transferring back from Virginia. They bought a beautiful home in a wooded, private subdivision. I’m so happy to have all my chicks back in the “nest”. Everyone else in the family knew this transfer had been in the works for a month but was sworn to secrecy.

In May, my police officer son was awarded The Medal of Valor from the Missouri Police Chiefs Association for saving the life of a Missouri State Trooper. The Great Hunter also celebrated his 77th birthday.

June brought my 50th high school reunion. It’s really hard to believe it’s been fifty years. I was so blessed that I had a very fun, memorable high school experience.

June was also my first Nascar race and the St. Louis County Air Show.

We celebrated our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary on July 26 with a pool party for family and friends. It was 105 degrees on the day of our party and so hot that I, who hate, hate, hate, wearing sleeveless clothes, had to bare my arms to the world. 

In August we spent a week at Calm Waters Resort in Branson. It was a great, fun-filled week.

October brought another sibling trip with my brother and this time it was to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana and our first professional hockey game.

The first weekend in November my quilt guild hosted a quilt show at St. Charles Community College and my vintage linen wedding ring quilt won third place in its category. What a pleasant surprise that was! The Great Hunter spent two weekends deer hunting but came home empty-handed both weekends.


And, of course, December with its whirlwind of activities. Boar’s Head,

Daniel Boone Home, parties and concerts.

Now it’s the end of the year. It’s been a good year. We’ve all been relatively healthy and any issues we’ve had have been minor (okay, so the ablation wasn’t minor, but recovery was fast).

From the Great Hunter and me, may the new year bring you health, wealth and happiness.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s